On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:12 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai@gmail.com> wrote:
> I really like this editor a lot. It is so customizable. Most everything can
> be configured in Lua. I can't believe how well thought out and well
> documented all the API is.

I really wanted to like this one when I tried it out some time back;
it has a minimal C core of 2000 lines, the rest is Lua. It uses
Scintilla and comes from the same guy that brought LPeg lexers to
Scintilla (now supported in mainline SciTE). �However, there is a
learning curve which does not make it a friendly first code editor.
(Translation: I was confused.)

Yes, it is different. That is why I think it isn't for everyone. I totally agree about the menu not having the keyboard shortcuts. I think I will add a feature request for this. But until then there is a new wiki article [1] with them all listed.
And it does require the GTK runtime on Windows, which makes it an
awkward replacement for SciTE on that platform.

I believe GTK is part of the download. No need for anything else, but the .zip download.
--
Regards,
Ryan

[1]�http://caladbolg.net/luadoc/textadept/manual/14_Appendix.html