Hi,

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:12 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
      On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai@gmail.com> wrote:
      > I really like this editor a lot. It is so customizable. Most everything can
      > be configured in Lua. I can't believe how well thought out and well
      > documented all the API is.

I really wanted to like this one when I tried it out some time back;
it has a minimal C core of 2000 lines, the rest is Lua. It uses
Scintilla and comes from the same guy that brought LPeg lexers to
Scintilla (now supported in mainline SciTE).  However, there is a
learning curve which does not make it a friendly first code editor.
(Translation: I was confused.)

Yes, it is different. That is why I think it isn't for everyone. I totally agree about the menu not having the keyboard shortcuts. I
think I will add a feature request for this. But until then there is a new wiki article [1] with them all listed.

If I could, I would have added shortcuts to menus a long time ago. As I understand, GTK needs an accelerator group in order to show keybindings, but the dynamic nature of textadept's key commands renders such a thing useless.

mitchell