Hi, list!

I want to create a rockspec for bindings for an uncommon library
(namely — hiredis: https://github.com/antirez/hiredis). My primary
target is Ubuntu (and compatible OSes). I will not able to support OS
X or Windows deployment for my rockspec.

The library in question is absent in Ubuntu repository, and, thus, is
likely to be missing on user machines.

I can bundle hiredis source code with the rockspec.

However, I do not want to link hiredis statically to my C module —
this does not seem neat enough. And, as far as I remember, Luarocks
would not let me to build a separate libhiredis.so.

What options do I have?

(Maybe I should just go on and link it statically?)

Alexander.