On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Justin Cormack <justin@specialbusservice.com> wrote:
Also I have started looking at the nginx Lua bindings, which are really
nice https://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module

These give you an async framework, but much more usable than say node.js
because it uses coroutines. Nginx has modules for a whole bunch of
databases, memcache etc that hook right in.

I have been following development on the Nginx module, I can confirm it's very good.
It's more advanced and efficient than what has been done in in Apache with mod_lua at the moment.

For people who use PHP, I'd like to mention this C extension that makes it easy to build a Lua sandbox within a PHP script :
http://phplua.3uu.de/
This can be useful for safe templating, for example.

--
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam