On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Chris Babcock <cbabcock@asciiking.com> wrote:
> Lua may not have the obvious library support that Python does, but the
> basics are there and the APIs tend to be pretty stable.

Sputnik really is so much more than a Wiki, although it takes a little
effort to get used to [1]

The idea of versioned data as Lua tables is very powerful.

The big Lua web effort has always been Kepler, which is responsible
for many of the library goodies for Lua (many of the 'canonical'
libraries come from this project).

My favourite from the Kepler stable is Orbit [2], although Chris might
not like its default ORM (but this is not compulsory; the Sputnik
versioned storage can be used as standalone libraries)

There is a chicken-and-egg problem: wider use of Lua in the web space
requires more libraries, and these get written when there is a need
which is larger than an individual developer's itch, i.e. when there
is wider use of Lua.  In terms of flexibility and performance, it's a
natural fit otherwise.

steve d.

[1] http://luanova.org/sputnik/
[2] http://luanova.org/orbit1-2/