Zed Shaw's Tir framework on top of his Mongrel2 server may also be
worth a look. It implements three different paradigms in a very light
package:

* Stateless request-response
* Continuation-based routines (useful for a signup form, for example)
* Long-polling connections for chat and other interactive applications.

-- Pierre-Yves