I think the most useful languages for a Web developer are PHP, Java,
.NET., and Python, not sure about the order.

I think LuaJIT+FFI is a tremendously exciting language and offers many
things that would be very valuable for a Web stack, i.e. developing
Web servers, page templating, etc., especially because with LuaJIT+FFI
the code might well run more or less as fast as C code.

But there are not yet the huge libraries of tested code that Web
developers can use with these other langauges.

I have myself developed Web sites with pure C++, Java, C#, PHP, and
Python. The easiest way to go was definitely Python. If the libraries
existed, Lua would be not quite as easy to use as Python, but probably
quite a bit more efficient; I think it would become my first choice...
if the libraries existed.

Regards,
Mike

--