On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:35:12 -0500, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Hisham <hisham.hm@gmail.com> wrote:
LfW as closely as possible. Never got around to do it, but "luarocks
install batteries" had a nice sound to it. :)

It still sounds good!  This is the kind of use case which will help
define what the next version of the rockspec format looks like -
although I bet you that it could be mostly done with existing LR.

And, after all, there is no limit to what can be achieved with a
suitable post-build hook ;)

steve d.

I think any "batteries" packages should be left out of the main LuaRocks repo, since everybody has their own definitions of what's batteries and what's extra. Since LR already supports getting packages from third-party sources, I think anybody who wants to make such packages should be able to define their own.