I think you mean biggest advantages.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 7:06 AM, Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@libero.it> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 07:18:54PM +0000, Matthew Wild wrote:
> On 3 March 2011 19:07, Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM, steve donovan
> > Okay... but is there anything like a "golden package of rocks" /
> > "extensions" -- something that most developers use, i.e. most
> > developers use for the common purpose (e.g. parsing XML, templating,
> > bit-operations etc.). Going through the rocks catalog for instance, I
> > found that there are several of those, for same purpose, so how do I
> > pick & choose. Do I stick to the ones supplied by Ubuntu repos, or go
> > beyond, and if I do -- which ones ??

I tried not to put too many duplicates in the Debian archive, thus you
will not find many alternatives there. Of course you can use luarocks to
get any library that is not packaged.

The point of not having a meta-package depending a standard set of
libraries is that there is no such standard set, and this is IMO one of
the biggest problems of this technology (Lua I mean, not your linux
distribution).

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi