On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88@gmail.com> wrote:
>> and install those manually, one-by-one ? Isn't there a simpler way ?
>
> Actually, there's a lot already in the Debian/Ubuntu repos, e.g. if
> you search for liblua5.1* you will get stuff like:

> i A liblua5.1-socket2              - TCP/UDP socket library for Lua 5.1
> p   liblua5.1-sql-doc              - luasql documentation
> p   liblua5.1-sql-mysql-2          - luasql library for the Lua language vers
> p   liblua5.1-sql-mysql-dev        - luasql development files for the Lua lan

Thanks.

Okay... but is there anything like a "golden package of rocks" /
"extensions" -- something that most developers use, i.e. most
developers use for the common purpose (e.g. parsing XML, templating,
bit-operations etc.). Going through the rocks catalog for instance, I
found that there are several of those, for same purpose, so how do I
pick & choose. Do I stick to the ones supplied by Ubuntu repos, or go
beyond, and if I do -- which ones ??