----- Original Message -----
From: RJP Computing
Date: 3/2/2011 6:52 AM
  * Which packaging system should be used? LuaDist (http://sourceforge.net/projects/luadist/) for building and LuaRocks (http://luarocks.org/) for adding new libraries to users installs?
  * Is LuaDist still alive and active? I goto http://luadist.org and the website is just a place holder. Can someone in the project comment?
  * Can this be made to be cross-platform? (I hope so, that is a personal goal)
LuaPlus uses the build system JamPlus to build Lua binaries and some 60 Lua modules on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.  JamPlus works with Visual C++ 6 through Visual Studio 2010 and MinGW (not recently tested) on Windows and GCC on Linux and Mac OS X.  Like CMake, JamPlus generates appropriate IDE projects for Visual Studio or Xcode.  There is some CodeBlocks support in there, but I don't know if it still works.

For example, LuaPlus builds the bitop module like so:

        Lua.CModule bitop : bit : bit.c ;

Josh