On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:06 AM, David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:
> core areas specific to Lua like program analysis (e.g. semantic
> editors like IntelliJ/LuaInspect)

This line of work is important and needs support, because it can lead
to a more productive environment to work with larger Lua programs.
It's also an intrinsically interesting topic - we know that full
static analysis of dynamic programs[1] is hard but how far do we need
to go to get 80% of the benefits?

It's potentially game-changing (to make my contribution to
International Hyperbole Day)

steve d.

[1] may well be theoretically impossible to do it perfectly. But
'perfection is the enemy of the good', as the engineering proverb
says.