Geoff Leyland wrote:
> On 17/02/2011, at 3:05 AM, Mike Pall wrote:
>
> > FYI: Geoff Leyland has ported a minimal C++ raytracer and it takes
> > only 130 lines in Lua. I'm using it for my benchmarks and it's
> > quite competitive. Maybe he wants to post it for reference.
>
> D'oh!  I thought it was already available, but no.  Well, it is now, from here: http://incremental.co.nz/projects/lua

Umm, consider offering the pure Lua file for download. I don't
think that OSX-attributes-in-tar-gz-thing masquerading as
ray.lua.gz (which it is not) would work for most users. :-)

BTW: You forgot tonumber() for arg[1] etc.

> It'd be great if someone fixed it up to use the FFI

I'm not sure it would help. The data structures are not the
bottleneck here. The branchiness caused by the particular scene is
difficult to handle for the trace compiler.

--Mike