KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> writes:
>> rk4-unroll.lua with LuaJIT2: 0m4.391
>> C code with GSL lib (opt -O2): 0m20.094
>
> Sorry to barge in, it is a worrying difference. One thing is bugging me:
> Is the C code running SSE2? IIRC gcc -O2 does not normally enable SSE2.

It will enable it by default when it thinks it's possible.

It's always a good idea to use "-march=native" if you're looking for the
best performance...

-Miles

--
Mad, adj. Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence; not
conforming to standards of thought, speech, and action derived by the