On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 07:58, Patrick Mc(avery
<spell_gooder_now@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> I respect both Alexander and Marc for their political positions, they are
> men of principle, trying to be good citizens of the world. This discussion
> actually mirrors the larger ones of what to do about dictatorships, engage,
> boycott or invade. No easy answers here.
> [..snip..]
>
> Leo, did you HAVE to take a shot at Marc? The flame war had died down, now
> Marc has to defend himself and others will attack after he does.

Oh well:-) Quite often my mailer delivers messages out of order
(common problem discussed here earlier) and I was not aware that this
particular thread was dying out. Even though Lua people live on the
Moon we, like anyone else, have emotions and opinions which are quite
strong sometimes.

The measure of civility on a mailing list is the length of time in
which these threads die out and amount of scar tissue left afterwards.

Signing off political discussions for now.
--Leo--