On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I had to write something for desktop and could not use HTML GUI,
> I'd, probably, use ltcltk: http://www.tset.de/ltcltk/

tcl/tk interfaces look a little old, but they're easy to put together
(being designed from the day one to work with a dynamic language). And
this _is_ one toolkit which is available via LuaRocks!

I tend towards HTML myself, in fact the itch behind the Orbiter
libraries is precisely to make generating local browser interfaces
easier. Not a simple task, since the models are very different, and in
fact it's probably not a good idea to try force HTML-based interfaces
to follow GUI toolkit conventions slavishly. (There is in fact a
modern tendency to make GUIs look like classy web pages)

steve d.