Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:
> I looked at that but it's waaaay more than I need or want. I don't want to
> have to get down and dirty with hundreds of functions and components.

You're not required to use all the functions a library provides... :]

However, you might like something like IUP better -- it takes better
advantage of Lua mechanisms to allow very easy specification of widget
layouts etc.

http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/

lua-gtk is not hard to use, but it basically just exports the underlying
libraries, which of course are aimed at lower-level languages.  [I do
think much of the difference is fairly mechanical, and it would be quite
easy to provide a nice IUP-style wrapper around much of lua-gtk.]

The one significant problem with IUP is that I've found it very hard to
build (and it doesn't seem to be present in Debian as a standard
package, whereas lua-gtk is).  They use a home-grown build system that
unfortunately doesn't seem to work very well when I've tried it.

-Miles

--
Circus, n. A place where horses, ponies and elephants are permitted to see
men, women and children acting the fool.