On Tuesday 08 February 2011 19:44:40 Miles Bader wrote:
> Wolfgang Oertl's lua-gtk is completely awesome.
>
> [He now calls it "lua-gnome" because it supports other gnome libraries
> now, not just GTK+]
>
> http://lua-gtk.luaforge.net/en/index.html
>
> -Miles

Thanks Miles,

I looked at that but it's waaaay more than I need or want. I don't want to
have to get down and dirty with hundreds of functions and components.
Conceptually I put up a window and lay down textboxes, dropboxes, checkboxes,
radio buttons and the like on it. I don't care whether I do it graphically or
with specifications, but I sure don't want to try to memorize hundreds of
functions to make a dialog box.

I would think that for each component you need to know:

* What type of component it is
* Where it lays on the window
* Its sequence number on the window
* Its hotkey
* How many characters it takes
* Callbacks
	- On keystroke
	- On entry
	- On exit/validation
Then the whole window has callbacks for start, accept and reject. I just don't
think it needs to be that complicated. I don't even think it has to be OOP --
callbacks sound good to me.

That's seriously all I need, and I can take it from there. I can do my own
LuaSQL calls. I can do all my own directory reads and I can make my own lists.
I don't want a "we do it all for you" framework because then I have to
memorize every dang function and component and building block.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package