On 8 February 2011 11:17, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> While we're talking about template engines, there's a little piece of
> code by Rici Lake which is astounding for its power/weight ratio:
>
> http://lua-users.org/wiki/SlightlyLessSimpleLuaPreprocessor
>
> I pulled it out in slightly modified form as:
>
> http://snippets.luacode.org/snippets/Lua_Preprocessor_118

That's nice, and very similar to mixlua[1] which I've used for the
same purpose. It is a C module which may not suit some, but its method
of operation is straight-forward and it's only a few hundred lines.
The advantage over the suggested preprocessor is mixlua will correctly
ignore instances of the delimiter in Lua comments of strings.

Alex

[1]: http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2007-10/msg00096.html