On Tuesday 01 February 2011 17:53:04 Chris Babcock wrote:

> Writing a program to generate another program is called meta-programming.
>
> You can use any sufficiently robust and generic template engine to
> ease the pain of generating code. Cosmo is probably a good candidate.
>
> Yes, there are always potential security issues. Profiling the
> application is probably beyond the scope of a mailing list thread. ;)
>
> Chris

The very best application development tool I ever saw was called Clarion 2.0:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarion_(programming_language)

It was template driven and enabled a moderately decent programmer to make and
deploy a very usable a 5 table app in one day. I'd love to be able to make
something like Clarion, which doesn't run on Linux AFAIK.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US