Rather then using a DB or tables & Pluto I was thinking about storing information in Lua scripts that would then be executed by other Lua scripts via dofile. I was thinking that the executing script could also modify the storage script for persistence. This set up would also allow me to hand edit the storage script later, bypassing the main limitation I see with a DB or a serialization library like Pluto.

Is there a proper name for this? Is there any code out there that I could use as a template?

Thanks for reading-Patrick