On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Patrick Mc(avery
<spell_gooder_now@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> Rather then using a DB or tables & Pluto I was thinking about storing
> information in Lua scripts that would then be executed by other Lua scripts
> via dofile. I was thinking that the executing script could also modify the
> storage script for persistence. This set up would also allow me to hand edit
> the storage script later, bypassing the main limitation I see with a DB or a
> serialization library like Pluto.
>
> Is there a proper name for this? Is there any code out there that I could
> use as a template?

Writing a program to generate another program is called meta-programming.

You can use any sufficiently robust and generic template engine to
ease the pain of generating code. Cosmo is probably a good candidate.

Yes, there are always potential security issues. Profiling the
application is probably beyond the scope of a mailing list thread. ;)

Chris
--
51st century guy