Henk Boom wrote:
> I understand that the FFI is tightly integrated, and for good reason,
> but how coupled is the C parser to the rest of luajit? That's a tool
> that could have many uses as part of other programs as well.

The C parser and the C type management rely on interned strings,
but otherwise have relatively few dependencies on the VM. But it's
designed as a declaration parser only. It captures what I needed
for the FFI, but ignores everything else.

I'm sure there are better and more flexible C parsers out there,
if you need to inspect C code. Maybe not with such a low memory
footprint, though.

--Mike