On 1/25/11 9:57 AM, Andrew Lentvorski wrote:
On 1/25/11 12:15 AM, Alexander Gladysh wrote:

If we're to submit these questions to SO, the questions and answers
should be more elaborate.

http://stackoverflow.com/faq

Do you really want the answers to Lua newbie questions to be decided by majority vote of people who don't really know Lua?

This seems like a bad idea.

Hi Andrew, Stack Overflow to me turns out to be the most reliable source on most questions. Not always, but usually spot on. If I see it in a Google result, I go there first meanwhile. You can always scroll down to read other answers, if the 'best' is useless, and people are probably aware that this voting principle can slosh crap to the top sometimes.

But it's really amazingly rare. The additional angles have the benefit to be very educational about how you might have gotten *the question* wrong in the first place, or what you were missing about the underlying principles. The voting also helps suppressing the typical arrogant one liner answers. Seems nobody likes them and the wander to the bottom out of sight.

To me, SO is a good name, lending credence.

Henning