Terry Bayne <trbayne@gmail.com> writes:
> Repeat after me....
>     "Lua is NOT C/C++/C#/Java/{Insert Language of Choice here}"
> Your mileage may vary - but for me - it was NOT worth the trouble.

Amen...

I think the main thing is:  give yourself a chance to adjust.  Despite
the initial reaction, really, the disadvantages of an incompatible
dialect greatly outweigh the short adjustment time needed for such
trivial issues as "--" vs "//" ...

[I also initially tended to mistype comments in Lua, but I'd say I
_prefer_ "--" now -- it makes the comment text stand out more -- despite
still doing most of my programming in C++...]

-Miles

--
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.