On Friday 14 January 2011 21:12:50 Xavier Wang wrote:

> I did it by associate index with value, but I must maintain the table of
> index if I insert/remove something from the table. there are some good way
> to do this?

Sounds good to me. If it's good enough for a DBMS it's good enough for me.

What form does your index take? Is it a btree? A table whose values are the
keys of the other table, and whose keys are the values of the other table?
That sounds just about right for Lua.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package