>From actual project perspective, I think Fabien's considerations and suggestions are very valuable. To make projects work, we need many concrete policies! NOT ONLY mechanism.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Fabien <fleutot+lua@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
We went through this several times. Do you really think the problem
is "legitimity"? What kind of response whould you expect from us?

*I* wouldn't expect anything from you; I have much more respect for authority gained through publication of high quality code + doc, and demonstrated ability to self-organize, than for inherited legitimacy.

I have the impression that some people would like to get some form of "magic blessing" from you first, then start to actually do stuff later. I don't support this approach, and never intended to pretend otherwise.

I miss a stronger culture of code reuse in the Lua community, but I don't think *you* can/should do anything about it, at least today.