On Wednesday 12 January 2011 04:03:17 steve donovan wrote:

> [1] and sure, there are schemes which allow obj.method(args), no
> colon. But you pay a double price; they are not as efficient and they
> will confuse everybody else.

ROFLMAO! I wrote the entirety of the Lua version of UMENU and the Lua EMDL to
UMENU converter using obj.method(args). I don't know anything about
efficiency, but I found it useful that things aborted instantly when I used
the wrong method name. It seemed very clean to me.

You bring up a good point -- I'll have to have a comment at the top explaining
why it's obj.method(args) instead of either obj:method(args) or
obj.method(obj, args).

So I guess I abused closures, huh?  :-)

Thanks

SteveT