Hi beo,

> I _REALLY_ like this philosophy. In my experience, the time spent in C
> functions far out weigh the time spent transitioning through the
> Lua/C-API. There's also a lot to be said for simplicity/readability:
> at the very least, agility. For example, SLB has been ported to 5.2; I
> don't know of any efforts to port luabind to 5.2.

It's already ported, as you asked for it, but I haven't made a package
for it. You need to download it from the repository[1], and switch to
the testing_lua5.2 branch. I'm now working on adding properties to
objects (accessors to member values). If you have any kind of problem,
just let me know (in private if it doesn't concern the whole lua
community).

[1] hg clone -b testing_lua5.2 https://slb.googlecode.com/hg/ slb

Cheers,
   JL.