On Thursday 06 January 2011 04:59:43 steve donovan wrote:

> BTW, the UnderC interpreter was a bit of a Waterloo experience - don't
> much like the language anymore after  trying to get the STL to
> compile.

Yeah, I stopped liking C++ too. It seems like every time I wanted to do
something new, C++ kept throwing stumbling blocks at me. Contrast that with
Lua, where if you can conceive it you can pretty much do it, as far as the
core language is concerned.

I was never very good at C++ anyway, although one C++ program I wrote managed
to handle $0.5Billion/year in timesheets for 6 years. But between you and me,
that code really sucked -- I'm lucky it ran well. :-)

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US