On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Gaspard Bucher <gaspard@teti.ch> wrote:
> Instead of having code snippets that change "Hello World" into "Hell with
> bold", you can have examples that use sockets to retrieve the user's emails
> and turn the TV off when he/she receives messages from his/here loved one.

I like this - thinking about the original LOGO experiment, which was a
carefully designed environment for children to learn programming - so
there was the Turtle, both an on-screen and a physical object, etc [1]

Being able to play with all the senses, and use sensors to manipulate
the environment - that's a great vision.

steve d.

[1] Mindstorms by Seymour Papert is an excellent read, about "creating
a dignified mathematics for children" and the intellectual background
to LOGO.