> I simply do not need an abstraction layer on top of several windowing
> systems, but a reasonable interface to OpenMotif only, since OpenMotif
> is all we use for our HMIs at the moment.

  You said it all "at the moment", but who knows the future... But I got
your point.

  Motif has a widget construction that is very easy to implement a Lua
binding. On the other hand IUP does have a Motif driver, already has a Lua
binding, and I would welcome everyone that knows Motif to use it. Could in
fact contribute to the quality of the driver.

> It does the job well enough
> for our touchscreen based interfaces, and with some sane X resources,
> it doesn't even look ugly.  Recent OpenMotif has UTF-8 support and
> anti-aliased fonts, so it does not look like mid-eighties software
> necessarily.  And on embedded systems, themes like most toolkits offer
> them nowadays are just not-so-needed...

  Agree. Talking about "sane X resources" can you send me some samples? I
would love to improve some Motif interfaces we have.

Thanks,
Scuri