> Yeah, IUP was also the first thing that jumped to my mind when seeing
> the article. But then, I found that the article also has the idea of
> "named references" across the declaration tree, which has a *very* big
> appeal for me - and I don't think this is doable in IUP as of now?

  It does. In fact the construction of a dialog in IUP is very similar to
what Marc wrote in the article.

  IUP creates its elements independent from the native system at first. Only
when the dialog is show or explicitly created on the native system with
"dialog:map()" is that the native controls are created. This also helps when
setting attributes for the creation that will affect the behavior of the
native system, because the application can create the element, set those
attributes and then create on the native system.

Best,
Scuri