On Sunday 02, Gaspard Bucher wrote:
> Hmmm.. I am nearly there. The function storage in the weak table works fine
> except... I cannot get hold of the function through the userdata's
> environment. Stack is
>
> 1: userdata (self)
> 2: function
>
>     lua_getfenv(L, 1); // get environment for 'self'

Did you create a table and call lua_setfenv() on the userdata object?

>     // env.callback = func
>     lua_pushstring(L, "callback");
>     lua_pushvalue(L, 2); // push func on top
>     lua_settable(L, 3);
>
>     // env.thread = thread
>     lua_pushstring(L, "thread");
>     lua_ = lua_newthread(L);
>     lua_settable(L, 3);
>
>     lua_pop(L, 1); // remove env table

That is the code for setting the callback & thread in the fenv table.  Where
is the code that you use to get those values from the fenv later?

Also you can pre-push the callback function onto the new lua_State returned
from lua_newthread(L) and then just pass the new lua_State to your OS thread.

> If I replace the calls with luaL_ref(L, LUA_REGISTRYINDEX), the function
> and/or thread are no longer collected.

You can also call:
luaL_ref(L, fenv_idx); /* fenv_idx is the stack index of the fenv table. */

to allocate references in the userdata's fenv table.

--
Robert G. Jakabosky