Hi Shamun,

On 26 December 2010 20:47, Shamun toha md <shamun.toha@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Experts,
> It seems like i was very excited with Lua, but many good features of Lua
> does not exist (flavor exist but not working, cant smell the test yet),
> which could have allowed me to move with the speed of light or at least
> speed of sound!!, for solving all my JAVA/VB.net related projects.

Lua is a small embeddable scripting language. It is very good at being
that. You don't say what features you are missing, but I suspect they
are things that will never, and should never, be in Lua.

It would be more helpful if you ask about what you are missing, so
that people can help you find an answer.

> - Lot of common programming language features and libraries are well
> organised and completely bit other languages.

I'm not sure I understand whether this is meant to be for/against Lua,
it has small core standard libraries, exposing most of what ANSI C has
to offer, and a little bit more.

> - Few very important module that i required for my fast deploy project, does
> not exist or not completely working, having bug or etc etc issues (not just
> plug and code)

In Lua itself? or in third-party modules? Either way, I'm sure most
people would be willing to offer help with any issues you find. If
it's a bug in a library you need, why not help them out with a patch?

> Example:
> - Luakit for WebKit
> - Lua for Proteaaudio
> - Lua for latest greatest FLTK
> - MurgaLua
> - Lomp

I don't understand what this is a list of.

> * rest no idea, maybe same like above ? It will be then a nightmare trying
> with Lua ( i should just go to PureBasic/Vb.net or stick with QT ?)

That's up to you to decide.

> Is it still a good idea to move forward with Lua for Micro/Low level audio
> software development ?

I have no experience of the field, but I would have thought audio
processing would be more suited to a lower level language such as C,
with high level bindings. Again though, I'm not exactly sure what you
are trying to do.

> Or its better not now do it after 2/3 years later ? I
> am confused, did tried ProTeaLua but its a hell still, i need to prepare
> whole C/C++ code compatible for Lua.

You mean http://viremo.eludi.net/protea/index.html ? It seems to have
a Lua backend, but it's the first I have heard of it. If you are
having problems with it you should probably contact them, not us.

> After that i can test how it works.
> Please kindly advise or suggest, how can i focus Lua for this ?

Remembering that Lua is just a small embeddable scripting language...
If you have problems with it, please speak up (and actually say what
they are). If you have problems with another project that embeds Lua,
please contact them (and tell them clearly what your problem is so
they can help you). After you have done this, if you find no help and
are not able or inclined to fix it yourself then I do suggest you
consider alternative projects.

Regards,
Matthew (very happy with Lua for a number of years now).