On 8 December 2010 10:15, Valerio Schiavoni <valerio.schiavoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> apparently there is this other DNS library for Lua:
> http://luaforge.net/projects/lua-dns/  but I can't access the linked
> homepage project..

That library is the one we adopted for Prosody. The original version
had a number of bugs (undefined global accesses, ick), we've fixed a
load and also added new features[1]. The library seems quite robust
now, though it's on my todo for a general code cleanup to bring it up
to the same level as other Prosody code.

I planned to ask the author if they would re-release with our changes,
I hope the site isn't down for good.

Sean's library looks attractive in that it is completely separate from
the network, dns.lua had to be shoe-horned into our socket framework
and it took us a while to make it non-blocking. On the other hand,
dns.lua is pure Lua...

Regards,
Matthew

[1]: http://prosody.im/tip/net/dns.lua