On 12/8/2010 9:14 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
a Changelog of a couple of KBs detailing changes from releases to
releases can be more meaty than the rather brief items in the
HISTORY file and is far more accessible than a PDF file.

The HISTORY file has been replaced by doc/readme.html#changes

My mistake, I lost track while checking over multiple revisions.

I think it is a good place to put in significant attributions in lieu of an academic paper that is in the form of a PDF file that few people would seek out and read in detail -- a few per-release words is a more immediate form of recognition, if you will, and one that most contributors will be entirely happy with.

Just an opinion, so I'll just leave it at that.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)