On 11/26/2010 12:34 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Lua 5.2.0 (alpha) has been frozen is now available at
	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.2.0-alpha.tar.gz

MD5	1c4a4aaa04e0cb658507d3aa1ee80825  -
SHA1	6125a8ee61eb3b0440d1efd200bab628b4365b9e  -

This is an alpha version. Some details may change in the final version.

The main changes since Lua 5.1 are listed in
	http://www.lua.org/work/doc/#changes

This is the frozen version of rc4. We can now move on to working on beta.

All feedback welcome. Thanks.

Just remembered one little thing that's been niggling me.

I would like to suggest some credit to be attributed to the originator of the bit library in the 5.2 documentation, I think it was Reuben Thomas' bit library that was the popular one but I don't know of prior history. Even if bit32 is totally original code, there is a chain of significant prior work in this area.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)