Am 07.12.2010 00:04, schrieb Michael Wyman:
Is the dynamic linkage only an issue when you expect to allow scripts to require outside compiled modules, or does it apply even to a tightly sandbox-ed application?
If you can guarantee to *never-ever* require any lua.dlls (or modules requiring some dlls), you should be safe to link lua static. Can you?
But if I need to consider dynamic linkage I'd love to know why before I start walking down a rocky path...
For me it didn't feel like a "rocky path". Just put lua into a own module (called solution in Studio) with an dll as output and then make you program depend on this. And dont forget define LUA_DLL in the solution (or something like that, I dont have the sources right by the hand here and now).

Regards Jørgen