On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 07:54, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:35 AM, Terry Bayne <trbayne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Having not been able to get past the stumbling blocks with using the
>> luaInterface distributed with luaForWindows, I tried the latest version -
>> this loads and works quite well - no issues.  That is, of course, until I
>> attempt to load any of the modules.
>
> There is an in-between solution, which is to build LI 1.5.x (the last
> with a non-managed version of Lua) with the Visual Studio you're
> using. The error you get is very possibly because VS2005 and VS2008
> DLLs get on like cats and dogs because of the different runtimes.
>
> steve d.

Steve,

Thanks for the tip - I will give that a try this weekend.

If that doesn't get it done then I will attempt to build LuaSQL and
lfs modules using Visual Studio 2008 (using the same settings used to
build the Lua51.dll supplied with LuaInterface).  I can do without
lfs, but the lua code for which I am trying to build an interface
utilize a LOT luaSQL.

Terry

--
If you lose your name you become small,
If you lose your spirit you become nothing