On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> It's probably just me, but I never feel the need to copy whole tables,
> shallow or deep.

Depends on the use case - I end up reinventing it for most of my projects ;)

(And 'just use Penlight' feels kinda rude, especially if it's a little project)

Actually, the behaviour of Lua objects is another newbie issue - they
start out with a naive value semantics, and then get suprised when
they have multiple references to the _same object_.  Not only Lua, of
course, but it is an issue that needs to be pointed out, and the
advantages of reference semantics explained.

steve d.