[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Documenting Lua gotchas for newbies.
- From: Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@...>
- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:53:29 +0100
Pierre-Yves GÃrardy wrote:
Following the floating point discussion, I tried to look for a
compilation of the various gotchas Lua beginners encounter, but I
couldn't find one, so I decided to compile one...
Very commendable initiative! :-)
If these could be considered gotchas:
1. I discovered "late in the game" that the most efficient way to append
an item to an array was
2. (this is more on the "someone tell me the rationale" side)
I was really puzzled that no library copy operation existed (ie.
After all the only data structure in Lua are tables, and making shallow
or deep copies of them is not something one should consider an
infrequent operation. Only after a while I began to understand the
minimalistic "philosophy" of Lua.