On 11/30/10, Pierre-Yves Gérardy <pygy79@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 13:27, Eric Wing <ewmailing@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am happy to announce the very first public release of LuaCocoa (v.
>> 0.1.0).
>>

> At first glance, it looks excellent.
>

>> Among some of the features:
>> ... Wow
>> This project has been in development for a very long time. While still
>> far from perfect, it should be very impressive for a 0.1 release.
>>

> Indeed, it looks very mature.
>
> I've tried the Scripting Bridge example, and the following frameworks failed
> to load. I have little experience with Cocoa (I'm looking into this mostly
> for the scripting bridge), so I don't know if it's normal for my specs  or
> not.
>
> I have a Core Duo (32bit only) MacBook Pro with OS X 10.6.5 installed.
>
> - Carbon
> - ATS
> - ColorSync
> - LangAnalysis
> - HIServices
> - CoreServices
> - Security
> - IOKit
> - Accelerate
> - CFNetwork
> - PrintCore
> - QD
> - HIToolbox
> - AudioUnit
> - AudioToolbox
> - IOSurface
> - OpenCL
> - DiskArbitration

Thanks for trying it!

Apple failed to ship some of the frameworks on the platform with
BridgeSupport metadata. Those that lack it will fail to load. I recall
Security and OpenAL were two examples. So of the list you provided, I
would suspect there is no BridgeSupport for those frameworks. The
other possibility is they put the framework in an odd location in
which my API allows for an optional 3rd parameter to be specified to
the location of the framework.

Did the iTunes ScriptingBridge example succeed in playing a song in
your iTunes library? Currently LuaCocoa spews out assertion failures
of things that are listed in BridgeSupport metadata but fail to
resolve in actual symbols. However, these errors are usually for more
esoteric things nobody actually uses so programs will continue to
work.

> You are including Objective Lua, but I couldn't find where you use it. Do
> you plan to integrate it later on?

It doesn't work yet. I tried to integrate David Given's initial
prototype, but there were enough impedance mismatches between his
custom object model and the NSObject model (and LuaCocoa conventions)
that it requires modification of his code.

I am very interested in getting this integrated and working and it is
on the roadmap of things to do. But I'm very green on Lpeg and Leg, so
I'm really hoping some volunteers will contribute a working fix.

Thanks,
Eric
--
Beginning iPhone Games Development