I am happy to announce the very first public release of LuaCocoa (v.
0.1.0). This is a next generation Lua/Objective-C bridge that uses
BridgeSupport and libffi on Mac OS X to provide full automatic
bindings to Objective-C and the more difficult areas of the platform
such as functions, structs, constants, enums, etc.

It tries to follow in the footsteps of to PyObjC, RubyCocoa, and JSCocoa.

It is under the MIT license.

Among some of the features:

- Full bridging to classes/objects, C functions, selectors, structs,
enums, constants

- 32-bit and 64-bit support (uses new Obj-C 2.0 runtime), PowerPC & Intel

- Support Obj-C garbage collection and non garbage collection modes

- Subclassing NSObjects in Lua

- Obj-C/C APIs and easily embeddable framework to allow easy
integration into existing Obj-C applications

- Scripting Bridge support to allow Applescript control written in Lua
scripts instead of Applescript

- Conversion of Lua tables to NSArray and NSDictionary

- Metamethods on NSArray and NSDictionary to respond like Lua tables

- Convenience metamethods to access struct fields

- Auto-boxing of numbers and structs into NSNumbers and NSValues when necessary

- Setter dot notation in Lua

- Proper handling of BOOL types to native Lua boolean types

- Return pass-by-reference out parameters as multiple Lua return values

This project has been in development for a very long time. While still
far from perfect, it should be very impressive for a 0.1 release.

I greatly welcome any contributions. I also want to thank all those in
the community that have provided insights over the years.

To learn more about LuaCocoa, please visit:
http://playcontrol.net/opensource/LuaCocoa/

Thanks,
Eric
--