On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 07:47, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Terry Bayne <trbayne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?  Anyone have a sample visual studio
>> 2005 or 2008 .NET C# (or VB) project that uses the components supplied
>> with Lua For Windows that works?  As you can tell from DLL list I will
>> be attempting via the script to require "luaSQL" at some point.
>
> My initial feeling is that the LuaInterface that comes with LfW is not
> going to work, because it's the older version that uses some COM
> bootloader code to start .NET, since then the straight Lua executable
> can load it.  Which clearly you don't need ;)
>
> Have you tried the latest LuaInterface, which is fully managed code?
>
> (OK, then using the LfW database modules is probably going to get
> unstuck, might have to think .NET and code against the managed ODBC
> interface.)
>
> steve d.

Steve,

That is sort of where I think I am headed.  I am going to try a fresh
LuaBinaries release along with the latest LuaInterface - if that works
I will try and add the luaSQL from LuaBinaries and see if I can get
that to load - one step at a time.

Thanks for the input.
Terry

--
If you lose your name you become small,
If you lose your spirit you become nothing