[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Lua 5.2.0 (alpha-rc4) now available
- From: David Manura <dm.lua@...>
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:31:11 -0500
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> Lua 5.2.0 (alpha-rc4) is now available.....
I don't see any mention of anonymous closure caching  in the docs +
Here's also other changes from  missing in the changes/incompatibility lists:
- added package.config (also existed undocumented in 5.1 with one less newline)
- string.format("%q") now escapes control characters
- safer os.date()
- new luaL_testudata
- division and modulo no longer folded if the second argument is zero
- new functions: lua_tonumberx and luatointegerx
- Lua 5.2 ABI and bytecode is incompatible with 5.1
- almost all deprecated features from 5.1 were removed.
- debug module no longer loaded by default
- debug.getlocal gets parameter names of inactive functions
- debug.upvalueid and debug.upvaluejoin (in addition to mentioned
lua_upvalueid + lua_upvaluejoin)
- istailcal added to debug info (in addition to mentioned nparams and isvararg)
- new pattern %g represents all printable characters except space
- allow passing negative index to select()
- If file was opened by io.popen(), file:close() returns process' exit code
- lua_checkstack is now only returns error codes (never raises)
- "luaL_version" mentioned in readme.html should instead be "luaL_checkversion"
- new function luaL_traceback.
- new functions luaL_newlib and luaL_requiref (in addition to
- added environmented variables LUA_PATH_5_2, etc.