[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] Lua 5.2.0 (work4) now available
- From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@...>
- Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:08:28 -0300
Lua 5.2.0 (work4) is now available at
MD5 0120f64338cd1228dc97ca5f43482315 -
SHA1 6c48a8c6708bec1a1ff63dc940b8055e0062dd1b -
This is a work version. All details may change in the final version.
Here are the main changes since the previous work version:
- module and luaL_register deprecated, replaced by luaL_newlib and luaL_setfuncs.
- new function luaL_requiref.
- caching of Lua closures for resue.
- version-specific environment variables (LUA_PATH_5_2, etc.).
- new class '%g' in patterns.
- debug.getlocal gets parameter names of inactive functions.
- new functions lua_tonumberx and lua_tointegerx.
See also http://www.lua.org/work/doc/
The manual has been updated but is still incomplete.
The complete diffs are available at
The diffs are still a bit large because of changes in the manual.
All work versions are available at
All feedback welcome. Thanks.