On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Fabio Mascarenhas <mascarenhas@acm.org> wrote:
>> 3.  Does Lua for Windows installation put the luaInteface.dll in the GAC?
>
> I would guess no, can anyone from LfW confirm/deny that?

I can confirm that we do not.  Maybe it's a useful thing to do in future.

Yes, LfW does not have the latest & greatest, precisely because we
wanted something that could work with regular Lua and consume regular
Lua modules. It should be possible to backport any changes/fixes from
the 2.0 series back into this version, of course, but we were not
interested in chasing the latestversion of .NET.

steve d.