On 17 November 2010 11:58, Mike Pall <mikelu-1011@mike.de> wrote:
> I'm not going to start sorting out the API/ABI compatibility mess
> until I see developers jumping ship in hordes. LuaJIT has a
> user-base, too. And they don't like 'breaking' changes. However I
> might pick individual features (like __pairs) if they are easy to
> integrate and upwards-compatible. I'm open to suggestions.

LuaJIT is an important part of the Lua ecosystem, so as long as it
doesn't support 5.2 that will be enough to dissuade many users from
migrating their code. Though I agree for someone who's happily using
LuaJIT or 5.1 + addons there won't be an obvious killer feature to
encourage an upgrade anyway.

Alex