On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:
> task dataLoad(dependsOn: codeGen) << {
>  println 'dataLoad'
> }
>
> There is a family look...

A useful spoon of syntactical sugar here would be this:

task.dataLoad 'codeGen' begin
end

The block begin..end after a function call translates to (function()
... end), or perhaps is even included as the last argument to the call
(which is how Boo handles it)

(This is straightforward to do with the token-filter patch, but I
doubt if something like that will ever end up in mainline Lua. Lexical
substitution is just very old-fashioned and unsexy these days.  We can
always dream that some of Fabien's metaprogramming ideas get into Lua
itself, and Lua can advertise itself as Lisp on a Diet ;))

>  Lake is strongly
> in the C/C++ world, so they are more complementary than concurrent... (for
> now...)

In the Manual, I discuss creating a Java compile target as an example
of integrating a tool that doesn't fit the C/C++ pattern.

Plus, all the C/C++ machinery is going to be factored out of the core...

steve d.